You want to find out how to take care of your own jewellery? We can help you with the advice coming from professionals working at jewellery studio – your jewellery will look like just bought in a jeweller’s store!
How to take care of jewellery at home?
- Your jewellery is affected by many factors: even though gold is durable metal, it is soft and just like silver over time it gets scratched and lose it’s luster;
- You should protect your jewellery from exposure to chlorine and other chemical products: when visiting spa or swimming pool, beter leave your jewellery at home, if you are cleaning at home, take off your rings or cover them with gloves;
- Make-up products, perfume and hairspray also damages gold and silver, to make the least impact put on jewellery last when preparing for an evening out;
- Keep all your jewellery in a jewellery box, if you don’t have it, you should use some soft cloth to store anything from earrings to necklaces;
- Jewellery after being worn should be soaked in warm soaked water and cleaned with a soft brush. To dry use a soft cloth (paper cloths can scratch your jewellery!);
- You can use jewellery polishing or glass cloth to clean it from fingertips and other marks;
- At least once in a year review your jewellery and bring it to your local jeweller: here in HERMIS we offer partial or full renewal to make your jewellery shine like new.